Forum Name: Fungal infections

Question: Fungi Infection between lower lip and chin

Legasy - Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:33 pm

I have this fungi infection between my lower lip and chin. I got it about 4 years ago for the first time and it got to the point where the surface was rough. After a certain medication which I do not remember, it went away. It came back in May and I was prescribed Lotrisone. It went away shortly. Keep in mind that sometimes I forgot to apply in the nights. It started coming back for about 3 weeks now. At first I tried the lotrisone while forgetting to apply on some nights. The progression slowed but did not stop. I gave up on the lotrisone 5 days ago and the infection increased rapidly to the level that I am use to before I go to the doctor. Is it possible that it has become resistant to the lotrisone, if so what else can I try?
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:08 am

User avatar Hello,The condition you are reffering to may not be fungus but seborrheic dermatitis,a dandruff based condition.This is due to an internal diathesis and we are not sure why it occurs in some, and recurrent too.The cortisone component would has given you relief.Ketoconazole cremes does help but best confirmed and prescribed.Vitamin suppliments are also prescribed.Appication of cortisone for long term is not advisable.Best wishes.

|