News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Herpes and hand contact question not found in FAQ

fyrresqman - Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:35 pm

I was receiving a massage at a massage parlor when towards the end I reached out and fingered her clitoris area with my fingers, I did not insert or get to her vaginal area, nor did I touch anywhere else on me before I washed fingers. I saw a question asking about transfering herpes from ones hand to own genitals after fingering vaginas.
But my question on skin to skin contact is, what is chances of getting herpes just from contact with her vaginal area (fluids) to my hand or fingers, if I see no visible breaks on my hands? Everyone talks about skin to skin contact and getting herpes, and at same time talks about skin on hands being a good barrier. Can I get either herpes contracted by her vaginal fluids touching my fingers only??
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:32 am

User avatar Hello,Up to 80% of HSV are with out symptoms and it gets manifested only in a few.The type1 has predilection to the nerve ganglion of the face and the type2 to the sacral ganglion down below.Though it is not rare to get transmitted elsewhere the types perfer these areas.The recurrences are minimal if the types are in opposite ganglia.Remember that the soft mucosal skin of penis,vagina,anus are more susceptible, than like fingers,unless there is a cut.Also the immune status of the individual also would play a role.A vesicle or group of vesicles at site would tempt to examine for the condition.Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here