Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Herpes and hand contact question not found in FAQ

fyrresqman - Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:35 pm

I was receiving a massage at a massage parlor when towards the end I reached out and fingered her clitoris area with my fingers, I did not insert or get to her vaginal area, nor did I touch anywhere else on me before I washed fingers. I saw a question asking about transfering herpes from ones hand to own genitals after fingering vaginas.
But my question on skin to skin contact is, what is chances of getting herpes just from contact with her vaginal area (fluids) to my hand or fingers, if I see no visible breaks on my hands? Everyone talks about skin to skin contact and getting herpes, and at same time talks about skin on hands being a good barrier. Can I get either herpes contracted by her vaginal fluids touching my fingers only??
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:32 am

User avatar Hello,Up to 80% of HSV are with out symptoms and it gets manifested only in a few.The type1 has predilection to the nerve ganglion of the face and the type2 to the sacral ganglion down below.Though it is not rare to get transmitted elsewhere the types perfer these areas.The recurrences are minimal if the types are in opposite ganglia.Remember that the soft mucosal skin of penis,vagina,anus are more susceptible, than like fingers,unless there is a cut.Also the immune status of the individual also would play a role.A vesicle or group of vesicles at site would tempt to examine for the condition.Best wishes.

|