News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Fungal infections

Question: Mysterious black dot...what could it be?

ruby_winky07 - Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:15 pm

Hi, my name is Chelsea and my Mom developed this black dot on her foot over night. It is about the size of a nickel and looks like someone drew on her with a marker, and it sort of bled in the crevices or "pathways" of her skin. In the middle of the dot it is darker and more solid and leather looking. She tried bleaching it, and washing, and every other method known to man kind to get and ink stain off. It doesn't seem like a bruise cause she says that it doesnt hurt when touched or bumped. I thought that it looked fungal, but I could very well be wrong and I would not want to tell my Mom something and she not go see a doctor. Any suggestions, predictions or knowledge out there let me know please! My e-mail is designer131@msn.com if I am not logged in. Thanks for all the help!
 missmoo - Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:07 am

well apart from the obvious question of why hasn't she been to her doctor yet....?

As it is 'overnight' then that is the confusing part. Otherwise I would say a mole that needs to be looked at by a dermatologist. I have a raised mole on my foot and if that ever cracks or bleeds I will be straight to the doctors.

It's very odd, get it looked at ASAP

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here