Forum Name: Fungal infections

Question: Mysterious black dot...what could it be?

ruby_winky07 - Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:15 pm

Hi, my name is Chelsea and my Mom developed this black dot on her foot over night. It is about the size of a nickel and looks like someone drew on her with a marker, and it sort of bled in the crevices or "pathways" of her skin. In the middle of the dot it is darker and more solid and leather looking. She tried bleaching it, and washing, and every other method known to man kind to get and ink stain off. It doesn't seem like a bruise cause she says that it doesnt hurt when touched or bumped. I thought that it looked fungal, but I could very well be wrong and I would not want to tell my Mom something and she not go see a doctor. Any suggestions, predictions or knowledge out there let me know please! My e-mail is designer131@msn.com if I am not logged in. Thanks for all the help!
 missmoo - Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:07 am

well apart from the obvious question of why hasn't she been to her doctor yet....?

As it is 'overnight' then that is the confusing part. Otherwise I would say a mole that needs to be looked at by a dermatologist. I have a raised mole on my foot and if that ever cracks or bleeds I will be straight to the doctors.

It's very odd, get it looked at ASAP

|