Forum Name: Other infections

Question: HPV Vaccination with Yellow Fever Vaccination?

horseface29 - Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:39 pm

I am due to start my course of HPV vaccines in a few weeks but I also have to have the Yellow Fever vaccine around the same time. I have recently been told that the two vaccinations react adversly with each other and now I am not sure whether I should wait to have the HPV vaccine. I absolutely have to have the yellow fever one because otherwise I am not allowed into the country I am going to but I just need to know whwther it is afe to have the two injections so close together. Thanks.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sat May 08, 2010 10:36 am

User avatar Hello,HPV Vaccine is a product by genetic engineering.It is not a live vaccine.Yellow fever vaccine is a live attenuated virus.
While some data is available with the safety of yellow fever vaccine with hepatitisA,B,Typhoid vaccine and it seems safe. The chances are that it would be quite safe here also considering the fact that HPV Vaccine is free from live viral or attenuated components.It would be however advisable however to be sure.
It is best to consult the CDC site for saftey of the combination if you require to have it at the same time.

|