News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: how long before results from Zithromax

Ericm24 - Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:18 am

3 months ago i went to see my doctor and he diagnosed me with Chlamydia. He put me on a seven day Doxycyline treatment which i foolishly stopped using after 4 days. I thought it was gone, but last week i started showing symptoms again so i went to see my doctor and explained i didn't finish the initial treatment. This time he sent me 2 500mg tabs of zithromax to be taken at the same time, which i did, and now, 3 days later, im still showing symptoms. How long does this medication take to work? How will i know when it's cured?

Thanx
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:03 am

User avatar Hi Ericm24,
Generally speaking, about 3 days after initiation of antibiotics for any type of infection there should be an improvement in symptoms. I would suggest that if symptoms don't improve within the next day or two at the most that you call your physician. Keep in mind that no matter what antibiotic is prescribed take it until it is completely finished, even if you feel better.
Sincerely,
Rntdj

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here