News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: does azithromromycin cure btoh chlamydial and PID?

shanghai - Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:31 am

I wasdiagnosed with chlamydial, unplasma urithetis 2weeks ago. I did not tell my wife about it in order to save our marriage but i managed to convince her to take zimax500 x2 9 days ago (single dose), using other reasons. She had spotting, some viginal discharge and itcy vaginal when i found out my infection 2wks ago. My retest came back negative on both counts today. However, she had a sudden fever and tummy ache today, with a few counts of vomitting and loose bowel movement. Does it mean that she has not being cured? Or could the illness today be a case of a stomach flu as diagnosed by her GP today (no tests was taken)? IS it possible that the chlamydial in her was cured but not the PID (if it already developed)? I am currently outstationed and do not have a chance to examine her undergarments for trace of pus until next week.

Eventhough i was cleared of Ct and UU, i do have prostatitis now. i am extremely paranoid now.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:05 am

User avatar Hello,You have done well to get your self and your wife treated for chlamydia with azithromycin.Asymptomatic,or mildly symptomatic PID is common in chlamydia,which is unlikely due to prompt treatment done.If your wife still complains of fever,lower abdominal pain,vaginal discharge which is persistent despite treatment for gastric flu, she may need a pelvic examination and an ultrasound.A combination of antibiotics are required in PID.Best wishes.
 safenclean - Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:41 pm

DR.
I have a similar situation. I was diagnosed with gonorrhea. I got a shot and was giving doxycycline. I got 1 pill of suprax 400mg for my wife.

I ended up smashing it into power and putting it in her coffee. I know there is a moral issue here, but like the other guy; I really want to save my marriage.

My question is, would that take care of my wife and her gonorrhea?

Don’t know if it would make a difference, but I got infected by unprotected oral sex, 69. My wife and I have been using a condom, but she did give me unprotected oral.

One more thing, it’s been 3 weeks and I still feel tingling on the tip of my pines, on and off.

Could I still have it?
Also my throat has been sore, hasn’t gone away even after I took azithromycin.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here