Forum Name: Viral Infections

Question: Can I pass this type of HIV to other partners?

socool18 - Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:39 am

My ex boyfriend and I had unprotected sex. We were both virgins. later he told me that he had been born with a strand of HIV only found in males and that it was not contagious. This HIV caused painful plantar warts on his feet. though I have shown no signs of getting the HIV from him, could I pass it on to other male partners?
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:09 am

User avatar Hello,I think you are confused about HPV and HIV.HumanPapillomaVirus is the one which is to do with warts.These are either sexually transmitted types and the virus of common wart which is a non STD type.Since your boy friend has the later it would not get transmitted by sexual intercourse.But then common warts can get easily transmitted especially if there is an active wart.It all depends on the volume of the virus and susceptiblity of the host.
Since you have no problem it is just theoretical and you need not worry.Best wishes.

|