Forum Name: Other infections

Question: Unknown hamster bite infection in 8 years!

kamelai - Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:19 am

Hello. Hope you can help me, I'm a 18 year old girl from Denmark, and the doctors in my country, have given me up. Don't know what to do anymore, my live's a living hell. 8 years ago, when I was 10, I got bitten by a hamster. A big black thing came on my finger after the bite, and I went to the doctor who just told me I should'nt do anything about it. Then, when it went away, I started to get these bubbles under the skin on all the fingers. Then the skin fell off in pieces, and the nails became loose and yellow. I started to get flu-like symptomes a week every month. The symptomes on the fingertips come with small intervals even now, 8 years after, and I have a pain in my throat and ears all the time! My life quality is poor, I can't do the things I want, I'm constantly in pain and the doctors in my country keeps sending me away and tell me it's all in my head.
Hope you can help me, help from another country is all I have left.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:25 pm

User avatar Hello,While hamster bites and other animal bites can transmit infection like rabies,tularemia,etc long term effects are not mentioned in literature.
Your history of recurrent brittle nails and throat problem could be due to iron deficiency.
It is best for you to get a complete blood test especially tests to rule out anaemias.Surely you will recover with the necessary nutrients given.

|