News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Fungal infections

Question: How to Use Clotrimazole 200 MG Vaginal Tablet?

tamaiaka16 - Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:07 pm

hi there, i was diagnosed to have vaginal fungal infection and was prescribed Canesten Vaginal Suppository. But when my husband bought the medication over the counter, he was given Canesten Vaginal TABLET 200mg. The doctor who gave it to me was a Pathologist who was also advised by her OB-GYNE doctor friend.

i assumed that suppository would be more like the anal suppositories which are transparent and slimy and not the tablet form.

my question is, how far do i insert it in and how long should it be in there? What should I expect when morning comes? also, i'm 7 months pregnant. Kinldy advise...thanks!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:46 pm

User avatar Hello,
Yes, the tablet is inserted into the vagina as far as it will go, typically with the aid of an applicator. Your pregnancy will not be affected by this and some women notice a slight discharge after use but otherwise it should not bother you.

Best wishes and good luck with the pregnancy.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here