Forum Name: Fungal infections

Question: How to Use Clotrimazole 200 MG Vaginal Tablet?

tamaiaka16 - Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:07 pm

hi there, i was diagnosed to have vaginal fungal infection and was prescribed Canesten Vaginal Suppository. But when my husband bought the medication over the counter, he was given Canesten Vaginal TABLET 200mg. The doctor who gave it to me was a Pathologist who was also advised by her OB-GYNE doctor friend.

i assumed that suppository would be more like the anal suppositories which are transparent and slimy and not the tablet form.

my question is, how far do i insert it in and how long should it be in there? What should I expect when morning comes? also, i'm 7 months pregnant. Kinldy advise...thanks!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:46 pm

Yes, the tablet is inserted into the vagina as far as it will go, typically with the aid of an applicator. Your pregnancy will not be affected by this and some women notice a slight discharge after use but otherwise it should not bother you.

Best wishes and good luck with the pregnancy.

|