News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Viral Infections

Question: Showing H1N1 symptoms, could it be something else?

dehight01 - Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:17 pm

I am a 20 year old male. I started getting sick on Saturday. Since then I've developed many symptoms. These include fever (101 and up), joint and muscle aches, weakness and fatigue, headaches, vomitting, diarehha (once), and loss of appetite. From my own online research this matches perfectly with swine flu. Is it possibly something else or does it sound like definitely swine flu?

Thank you very much.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:32 pm

User avatar Hello,
Yes, it could be H1N1 but it could also be any number of other illnesses as well. Most often the usual flu strains come with respiratory symptoms but there are many viruses out there that can produce these same symptoms. In most patients during this flu season, Swine flu was the usual diagnosis because it was so prevalent everywhere. If that is it, your symptoms should subside and you should be well in about two weeks, possibly less. If you develop more serious symptoms you should definitely see a doctor because secondary bacterial infections can occur.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here