News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: STD / STI / HIV from receiving oral

1717ad - Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:46 pm

Tags: STI/STD, oral, sti, STDs, Anxiety, worry, stress, HIV
Hey!
I am sorry if this question has already been asnwered, but I couldnt find it.
I am a male who was stupid enough to receive unprotected oral from a girl at a massage place on a number of occassions.
I am now awaiting my tests results and have been advised that I really don't have anything to worry about, however, my research on the net indicates otherwise.
Obviously I will confirm my results, but, in the mean time, I am suffering from serious stress / anxiety. I also have a slight rash on my face that is a bit irritated and feels inflammed.
Can anyone tell me, what are the risks of contracting HIV if a clean and healthy male receives oral from someone who potentially has everything?
thanks in advance!!! - I haven't slept in days!!!
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:39 am

User avatar Hello,There are no exact data but then it is certain that the chances of transmission are much less than vaginal or anal sex.
The entry point in case of infection would be from the urethral mucosa or the anal mucosa or through small cuts or sores.
Latex condoms help in prevention, and in those allergic to it polyurethane condoms.
Dental dams are helpful to prevent the infection as a latex barrier.Plastic food wrap has been used as a barrier to prevent herpes simplex though it is not an approved method.By the way other STD's also could get transmitted during oral sex.
You will have to wait for your results for appropriate action if ever there is anything.As of now always practice safe sex.
I am sure you received counselling before the tests.
Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here