Forum Name: Other infections

Question: nipple piercing infected?

stef_bella - Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:34 am

don't know if this should go in here but i got my nipple pierced about 2 weeks ago and it was producing alot of crust but i presumed that was normal now my nipple is producing a yellowish pus not always sometime it is just clear and sometimes there is a bit of blood there and the holes where it has been pierced have got about 1-2mm bigger it doesnt hurt and there isno swelling either. im a bit worried it may be infected ive never had any problems with my other piercings
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:15 am

User avatar Hi stef_bella,
Your description certainly indicates a possible infection. Have you been cleaning the area and applying an anti-bacterial ointment? If the symptoms don't subside I would suggest an evaluation to prevent any other complications.
 meganchaisson - Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:46 am

Hello I am a 23 year old female and i just got my nipples pierced for the second time 4 weeks ago. The first time that i got them pierced i had no problems, but i took them out when i was pregnant. You still can see where i got them pierced the first time and i asked the piercer to pierce them again in the same spot. I thought that he did up until today. When i woke up this morning, i noticed that a blister came up and that it was where my nipples were pierced the first time. When i went to go clean it yellow puss came out of the blister and then a little bit of blood. I do not know what i did wrong because i cleaned them the same way that i cleaned them before. What do you think is wrong and what should i do?
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:02 am

User avatar Hi meganchaisson,
Was this a reputable piercer? Drainage such as you describe indicates infection. An evaluation by your physician is warranted as treatment with a course of antibiotics may be required.

|