Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: HPV and the effects it has on me

yellbert - Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:36 am

I have had HPV with warts for over a year now. It has caused me to have an awful cold, sniffiling, sneezing non stop, coughing for over a year....everyday.

I got tested for HIV and did not have it.

Is it HPV that has made my immune system unable to fight this cold? Also what makes life intolerable and horrible to say the least is this constant infection HPV has caused me to have comes with an odor. This is no ordinary odor. If I walk into a high school gym, you would smell me entering from the other end in seconds. The smell makes other people sneeze and makes their noses run. I've even seen friends break out all over their body in hives from the smell. Is their anything I can do about this infection HPV has caused me to have. The smell is too much to handle. it's constant. It's worse then life right now for me.

Their is no secretion from my penis. just the warts on my tip. and maybe some herpes. Will antibiotics at least get rid of this smell possibly
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:32 pm

User avatar Hello,Chronic sinusitis can cause this altered smell called by name Anosmia.This can happen after head injuries,temporal lobe disease,epilepsy,meningiomas,and psychiatric disorders.HPV directly would not cause this as far I am aware.An ENT opinion is needed here.
In your case this may be related to your cold and allergy,but I am at a loss to explainwhy others get this too?
It is also better that you consult a psychiatrist who can probe in to this and locate deep anxiety if it is the cause.Best wishes.

|