News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Broken Condom

glfstream - Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:42 am

I was with a girl three weeks ago and the condom broke.
She said she was clean of Hiv after testing two months ago.
The next day i started to have an itch in my penis.
I went to the hospital after three days for a test chlamydia.
I have no pus discharge or pain during urinating just an itch that comes and goes.
The test results will be out in six days time.
I was also told in the hospital to wait six weeks before i undertake an Hiv test.
I tested negative six months ago.
Can i contact anything even though i didn't ejaculate in her.
She gave unprotected oral sex, could it be from that?
I want to go ahead and start antibiotics on my own rather than wait for the test results to be sure.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:50 am

User avatar Hello,Despite not ejaculating you need to be investigated for STDs if you and your partner has not had a mutual monogamous relationship.Oral sex without condom ,inserter or receiver with or without ejaculation need to be tested for chlamydia,gonococcal infections,HIV,HPV,syphilis,Hepatitis Band C.Withdrawl before ejaculation would significantly help in reducing the rate of spread of infection.
Presence of gum disease,ulceration,or recent flossing could potentiate infection if organisms are present.
It is required for you to wait for,in your case the symptom of itch would not fit in for a diagnosis, in symptomatic treatment.
Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here