Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: 20-50mm Translucent Hairlike Things and Cloudiness in Urine

TirelessSeeker - Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:03 pm

I travelled to London about three months ago and had unprotected sex. I contracted chlamydia, gonnorhea, and something that, as yet, cannot be identified.

Symptoms are:
>Pain in region of bladder, especially at the left and right extremes. Pain is escalating as time goes by.
>Urine - Translucent hair-like floaters - about three to five per urination depending on the amount of water I've been drinking. They are generally about 20-50mm long, but the length is difficult to judge because they are often clumped in upon themselves. Their width is as per a human head hair, and their shape is shaped roughly like average pubic hairs (No, they definitely are not actual hairs, unless my bladder is hirsute). They are accompanied by cloudiness which adheres to them (and settles to the bottom upon standing) unless I consume an excessive amount of water, in which case they come out clean as described. Said cloudiness has a similar appearance to ejaculate in water, but is different enough to differentiate the two. Urine smells foul, similar to the way it would smell when dehydrated.
>Anus - small round nudule on the rim of anus and stinging bowel movements.
>Testes - dull pain extending upward through the tubes. The pain felt toward the top of the tubes could be the pain I'm identifying as bladder pain on each side, I'm not sure.

Tests conducted so far are:
Chlamydia and Gonnorhea - clear after initial antibiotic treatment; STI, UTI ; Syphilis; Hep A,B,C; HIV. These tests have been conducted three times. All were clear.

Unsuccessful treatments so far (including those prescribed for the chlamydia and gonnorhea):
>Amoxycillin - one singe 4g dose, and a later full course of 500mg three times daily for two weeks and augmented for about three days with probenecid.
>Ceftriaxone - 250mg intramuscular injection.
>Azithromycin - 1g single dose on three separate occasions (doctors just kept giving it to me...).
>Trimethoprim and Sulfamethoxazole - three day course (can't recall the dose, but it was the standard one for a UTI).
>Cranberry juice - 2l over one hour... I was getting desperate.
>I just started on a self prescribed (since the doctors here basically shrugged their shoulders and accepted defeat) course of antiparasitic (anti-worm) tablets, but they are indicated for intestinal worms.
>I've tried drinking massive amounts of water to flush my system - it didn't work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This has dragged out for a long time.
Thanks.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:54 am

User avatar Hello,Nonbacterial prostatitis refers to a condition in which a person exhibits some features of prostatitis with investigations and treatment with antibiotics not able to control the symptoms.
The cause of this condition remains to be fully elucidated and some feel it is due to fastidious organisms in the prostate which can not be cultured routinely from the urine.
You may need uroflowmetric studies to ascertain the cause.A prostatic biopsy may be indicated in some and studies to culture using sophisticated methodologies using RT-PCR.
You may be put on another course of antibiotics after a repeat culture.Finastride is a drug tried, if proved to be nonbacterial prostatitis.

|