News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Blood in the urine of my Bf after sex - do i have STD?

addictive_amber01 - Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:50 am

My boyfriend and i had sex the past days. he just told me that he had blood on his urine on this day. Was it because of we had sex? we started our relationship just a month ago. And he had not have the blood in urine before. He haven't had sex from those periods with others since we are together 24 hours a day for the whole month.(vacation)

For history purposes, i had problem also before first from my vaginal discharge (fishy) since i had contact with my ex. i started going to the doctor and gave my antibiotics. until i had blood in my urine. after a month of medication and broke with my ex, i don't have any problem until today when my present bf had blood on his urine. do i have std?

from my urinalysis before, they found a lot of puss before they started my medication.
from my recent urinalysus, puss are gone. i am still waiting for my doctor to go back from vacation. Can you help? what might cause the blood of my bf's urine.. I need help. im paranoid.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:48 pm

User avatar Hello,
Some people have some blood in their urine following sex without any other complication. However, blood can also indicate infection so it should be checked out if it continues. The only way to know if you might have a sexually transmitted infection would be to be tested with your health care provider. This symptom alone does not immediately raise red flags. Watch and see how it goes.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here