Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Pubic Lice Incubation Period

FoxMurdock - Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:55 pm

hi all

i realised a couple of days ago (3rd of august) that i have pubic lice, i had them once before in college so im 99% sure it is. But im wondering about how long it takes for them to come out and show and stuff like that.

i started a new relationship with a girl on the 12th june and she said that the last person she slept with before me was on the 4th june. i slept with her on the 26th of june but i only noticed a couple of days ago (3rd of august) that i had pubic lice. she is the only person i have slept with since we got together and before her I had not slept with anyone in 4 months.

i suppose the question i am asking is... is it possible that if the person she slept with on the 4th june passed them onto her that they would take so long to show on me? given that i slept with her on the 26th june.

my infestation is not bad, not as bad as i had before and hardly noticable until further inspection but i did remove a couple of what seemed like full grown lice and there are a good few other tiny red bumps and the usual stuff.

thanks in advance for your help
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:49 am

User avatar Hello,Phthirasis pubis is otherwise known as pubic lice can get transmitted not only by increasing promiscuity but also by public bedding.Thus it is difficult to date this from the date of sexual contact.These also infest the eyebrows and eyelashes.Also the infestation may not be noticed till the person develops an hypersensitivity.Thus though the infestation may be immediete,the manifestation may take some time to exhibit.
Pediculocide as recommeded by the manufacturer is the treatment but this should not be applied to eyelashes.Shaving is a good way to get rid of the mite.

|