News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Im 16 and don't Know What to do...

Darkcoco - Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:08 pm

Help please! Im 16 years old and I am uncircumsized. For the past couple days I have been feeling a burning sensation when I urinate. During the day I will get these hot buring very uncomfortable pains. Also when I squeeze the head of my penis a yellow/white sticky fluid comes out. I think I might have an STD and Im very scared. Someone what should I do or will this hopefully go away?

HELP :?:
 Dr. Anthony Solomon - Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:26 pm

Although you have not mentioned it, I can only assume that you have had unprotected sex with a casual partner or partners.

The triad of unprotected sexual activity + burning micturition + expressible urethral discharge is indicative of a sexually transmitted disease, most probably gonococcal urethritis or non-specific urethritis.

Get checked and treated as soon as possible at a genitourinary clinic and ensure that all your partners are notified, checked and treated to halt the spread of the disease in the community.

Do not be hopeful that the disease will disappear on its own.

Dr Anthony Solomon
MB BS DTM&H DIP.VEN FRSM
Consultant Physician, Tropical & Genitourinary Medicine

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here