Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Diagnosed with rectal gonorrhea - treatement

lk2dl - Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:10 pm

Ok, so, i have had a full STD screen and it came back positive for rectal gonorrhea. I was given 400mg of cefixime (suprax) orally which i took.

Q1. How do i have Gonnorhea in my back passage and not in penis (meaning, how has it not transferred there too) ?

Q2. Is there any way i can pass this on through sexual contact (contact that does not involve my back passage)

Q3. When does the infection clear up after the treatement has been taken and when do i become non - contageous?

Q4.If i wait a few days, and do not have receptive anal intercourse in the mean time,is there a chance i can pass this on?

Any and all information would be much appreciated.

male, 27
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:40 pm

Rectal gonorrhea is contracted when you have anal sex. You are contagious until you complete your treatment. If symptoms persist after that time you should go back to the doctor. Once cleared you would not pass the infection on to others, regardless of the mode of sexual contact, but you could become reinfected if you have sex with someone else who is infected.

The infection can occur in various parts of the body where contact was made with an infected partner so you can have it in one organ and not another.

I hope this helps.

|