News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Genital Warts? I'm Confused.. Any similar issues it could be

superman1985 - Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:17 pm

Hi,

I am a 24 year old male and have had 2 sexual partners. My first being when I was 17 and we were both Virgins.

I have been with my second partner for nearly 6 years and have always slept together without a condom as she is on the pill. We were however apart for 6 months and she did have another partner in this time.

Over the past year I have noticed a number of small warty looking lump appear on my penis.

I have also seen a DR about this who precribed me Warticon. I used this and they do treat the lumps but have reappeared. The thing is my girlfriend has also been the DRs and has had the all clear from genital warts twice so I am not infecting her and if she does not have them has not infected me.

Could this be a case that they are not warts and something else but the warticon is also affective on. thanks
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:53 am

User avatar Hello,In general the couples share the HPV virus which causes genital warts,and also the other types.Not all would be symptomatic,and it may not cause problems in the other.But the infected can transmit the virus.Condoms offer only a part protection and the warts can appear in the areas of gentalia not covered by the condom.Thus it is quite possible to get reinfection from partner.But then Recurrences also is common in which the virus regrows, despite the earlier treatment.The treatment would only get rid of the warts but there is as yet no cure for the virus.
Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here