Forum Name: Fungal infections

Question: Every time I get off my period i seem 2 have a yeast infecti

star4787 - Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:27 pm

Every time I get off my period i seem 2 have a yeast infection. I use creams but
the symptoms usually come back. I bought one of those vagisil screening kits and
it read 6.0. The box said if it is 5.0 or higher it is called trichomoniasis
(trich). What is this, is it serious, how do you get it and most of all what
steps do I need to take to get rid of it? Also things I have used and tried include: yeast infection creams, douches, rephresh, and vaginal washes and sprays.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:48 pm

It is not uncommon to have this reaction to hormonal changes that occur with your cycle. However, douches, topical sprays, etc. are not recommended. They can disturb the natural balance that keeps infection down.

You may try eating yogurt every day - the kind with active cultures. Some women find it helps. Wear only cotton underwear and avoid perfumes, bath oils, etc.

I would discuss this with your doctor. If you know it is yeast, treating it with antifungal creams or suppositories will help you get rid of it but some women must use these often.

|