News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: AIDS

Question: I need a physician's opinion, please.

godspeedybe - Tue May 10, 2005 10:28 am

Hello, I have a queston about the risks of HIV. I'm in a mutually monogamous relationship with my girlfriend. Before we started dating each other, neither of us had had sex before. We've had protected sex twice, and countless unprotected oral encounters. In June of 2004, I tested negative for HIV. I had a test done because I had received tattoo work and was curious. In April of 2005, my partner and I had HIV tests. They were both negative. I wanted to know what the risk of contracting HIV is, in my particular situation? Neither of us had had any type of sex before we starting going out with each other and...we don't use injection drugs, we're faithful etc...thank you for your help.
 Michaelii - Sun May 15, 2005 3:33 pm

I'm not a dr, but there are some great people you can speak with live, at the following #. They have some of the latest statistics on HIV transmission and will give you honest feedback to your concerns..800.342.AIDS

However, since you are worried about it, I would highly recommend simply both of you getting tested for exposure to HIV.

It is a simple and fairly reliable test, and I'm certain the results will put both of you at ease.

Nothing you mentioned would have me alarmed about possibly having HIV.

Get the facts and be safe.

Some other great sites are:

http://www.aegis.com
http://www.SciDev.net

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here