Forum Name: Other infections

Question: possible hep c ?

jason - Mon May 16, 2005 7:44 pm

Hello i aim 25 years old and i am an insulin dependant diabetic ,have been for 19 years i recently had a blood work up for my work and my test came back with
Alkphos=217 h
Tprotein =8.4 h
i have nevr used iv drugs , i used to have unprotected sex but that was over 3 years ago and bloodtest in between now and then have been fine !.I know i need to have a hep c test done but just looking for a little advise or opionons to se if its possibly related to high blood sugar .The morning of my test it was 544 very high
 Theresa Jones, RN - Tue May 17, 2005 9:21 am

User avatar Hi jason,
Hepatits C is transmitted primarily by exposure to infected human blood. Here is an informative weblink for you to view if you would like to do so.
http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/diseases/hepa ... hronic.htm
In my opinion the abnormalities in your labwork would be suggestiive of another cause.
 jason - Tue May 17, 2005 12:48 pm

thank you for you advice I am going to have another blood test done , and have them test me for hep c anyway . I don't think that i have it as never had abnormal tests before and my blood sugar was really high I also have been on alot of pills for my sugar and nueropathy in my legs so i would imagine my liver is pretty overworked ! I let you know the results of the test thanks again

|