News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Other infections

Question: possible hep c ?

jason - Mon May 16, 2005 7:44 pm

Hello i aim 25 years old and i am an insulin dependant diabetic ,have been for 19 years i recently had a blood work up for my work and my test came back with
Alkphos=217 h
Tprotein =8.4 h
i have nevr used iv drugs , i used to have unprotected sex but that was over 3 years ago and bloodtest in between now and then have been fine !.I know i need to have a hep c test done but just looking for a little advise or opionons to se if its possibly related to high blood sugar .The morning of my test it was 544 very high
 Theresa Jones, RN - Tue May 17, 2005 9:21 am

User avatar Hi jason,
Hepatits C is transmitted primarily by exposure to infected human blood. Here is an informative weblink for you to view if you would like to do so. ... hronic.htm
In my opinion the abnormalities in your labwork would be suggestiive of another cause.
 jason - Tue May 17, 2005 12:48 pm

thank you for you advice I am going to have another blood test done , and have them test me for hep c anyway . I don't think that i have it as never had abnormal tests before and my blood sugar was really high I also have been on alot of pills for my sugar and nueropathy in my legs so i would imagine my liver is pretty overworked ! I let you know the results of the test thanks again

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here