Forum Name: Other infections

Question: Low grade fevers

Renae - Mon May 23, 2005 1:41 pm

I have been running a low grade fever (99.5-100.5) for about the past month. I was treated with Bactrim for what they thought might be a sinus infection but I am still running the fevers. I don't feel sick, just tired. What could be causing the fevers? Are they anything to be worried about? Please give me some input.
Thanks,
Renae
 Dr. S. Adhikari - Mon May 23, 2005 2:36 pm

What is your body weight? What other symptoms do you have? What investigations have been done?
 Renae - Mon May 23, 2005 2:56 pm

I am 5' 6" tall and weigh about 160. I don't really have any specific symptoms. I am tired quite a bit but have attributed that to just completing college. I have headaches but they say those are migraines. The doctor that I saw didn't draw any blood the last visit that I had. They thought the fever was due to the "sinus infection". I took that Bactrim for 10 days and still am running the fever. I recently had quite a bit of lab work drawn and my CMP and CBC were both normal but that was a couple of months ago. I also had a CT of my head at that time for the migraines. A couple of weeks ago I had swollen tender axillary lymph nodes and I still have one on the left side of my neck. It's not that big but it is tender when I run my fingers across it. The others went away within a couple of days. That is all I can really think of.

Renae

|