News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Other infections

Question: HPV question

mtlhd05 - Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:14 pm

Do warts go away if you stretch out the penis or have an erection.? Ihave these red dots/bumps that become very very difficult to see if i stretch out my penis or have an erection. I have seen two nurses at the clinic. One said they were not warts or herpes. Another did a culture test for herpes and the result came back negative. I am a litte concerned because I have had these bumps for almost 2 months now. They don't itch or hurt at all. They didn't develop until 3 months after sex. They are not califulower shaped or look like the warts I have seen online. Any idea what else they might be?
 Dr. Anthony Solomon - Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:35 pm

No, warts do not temporarily disappear when the skin is stretched. Be assured that you do not have genital warts or genital herpes if that is your observation. It is impossible to tell you what these lesions are without an inspection and examination.

If you desire further assistance, provide two close-up views of these bumps on your genitalia in the stretched and unstretched positions.

Dr Anthony Solomon

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here