News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: genital warts

kodiack777 - Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:51 pm

I was treated back in 1982 with a liquid wart solution that killed the warts and kept them
away for 10 years. I was then treated in 1997 with a lazer which left a big hole that took
weeks to heal. The warts came back in months and now i am wanting to know if i can just buy the liquid solution and deal with them myself. The doctor that treated me the second time said that they don't use the liquid anymore. I think it was saliclyic acid.
 Dr. Anthony Solomon - Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:18 am

There are more effective drugs now for genital warts which can be applied by the patient but must be prescribed by a physician. Your doctor must however confirm the diagnosis before prescribing, so show the lesions to him. Your treatment should be accompanied by screening for other sexually transmitted diseases.

Dr Anthony Solomon
Consultant Physician, Tropical & Genitourinary Medicine

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here