News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Red Spots in pubes.

Ts912 - Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:12 am

I have never had sex (im 15 only) but red spots with white heads have started appearing in my pubic hair. They itch a little bit but not alot.They seem to be growing in number but i don't know how to stop them.

Any help would be much apprichaited.
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:02 pm

User avatar Dear Ts912,

Hair follicles and sebaceous (sweat) glands are normally found on the penile shaft, particularly on the ventral surface (underside). They may be infected, trichomycosis in the case of sweat glands and folliculitis in the case of hair follicles.

They may be visible as small nodules or might only be felt as small lumps in the skin. They are yellow/black or red nodules on the hair shafts in the inguinal region. Nodules are often on the scrotum and occasionally on the base of the shaft of the penis. They may contain pus in them.

The hallmark is that they will have a hair arising from them that reveals their true nature. These lesions can be associated with erythema and itching. Superinfection with other dermatophytes has been noted.

I advised you to seek a direct clinical examination to reach the proper diagnosis. Only by complete history and physical examination, the correct diagnosis can be reached.

Hope you find this information useful.
Best regards,

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here