News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Red flat spots on penis

snwboarder90 - Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:28 pm

i am kinda worried, i have these bumps on the head of my penis, but there not really bumps, there flat, there is no pain or itching or anything. they are just there. they went away before because of the use of a cream, but ass soon as i took a shower or masturbated they came back, almost like a irritaion rash. they also reapear when i have unprotective sex with my girlfriend. they. last time they went away with in 4 or 5 days. this si the second time they apeared. i'm really worried it might be some kind of std, but then i look at the symptoms, i have none, these red spots are just there. so please let me know wut these red spots are? thank you
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:12 pm

User avatar Dear snwboarder90,

It sounds like Dermatitis.
There are many causes for dermatitis some involve irritants such as soaps, certain creams and some may be due to allergy.

If you have a history of atopic allergies then the latter could be the cause. Some men have allergy to latex condoms.

Clinically, they have ill-defined erythematous, scaly patches associated with itching on the distal shaft of the penis.

Mild cases respond well to topical steroids but you must avoid friction and excessive washing with soaps and other irritants as this will only increase the problem.

I advised you to seek a direct clinical examination to reach the proper diagnosis. Only by complete history and physical examination, the correct diagnosis can be reached.

Hope you find this information useful.
Best regards.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here