News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Other infections

Question: After sore throat, lump on neck WTF MATE?

PakMan1618 - Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:09 pm

Dear Smart Doctor (someday i will be one),

I recently had a sore throat (don't know how). After the sore throat went away, i got a bad lump on my neck where my pulse can be taken. It is only on my right side. and it feels as if its bruised or really sore. I have not gone to the doctor. I'm thinking it might be an infection.

Also, i'm a heavy breather when i sleep. I believe this might be a cause of most of my sore throats as it gets cold sometimes in my room. Is there any ideas i can do about this?

Thank you professional person.
 DeLWolcott - Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:18 pm

Sounds like a swollen lymph gland. Would be in your best interest to see your physician to be tested for strep, mono, etc... Sleeping with your mouth open could definitely be the original cause of your sore throat, and continuation of this habit could lead to infection. I would also suggest a humidifier for your bedroom to keep some moisture in the air.

Again, with the swollen gland you need to be tested for infection so you can be treated with antibiotics. I hope this resolves soon!

BTW, not a doctor, but I assist several. ;)
 PakMan1618 - Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:23 pm

thanks for the info
now i just have to convince my parents that it is severe enough to go get a check up
my parents....eh? i have to get shot in the leg before i go to a doctor yeesh. they think they know everything. I was afraid that this lump may be a sign of cancer or something, but that would be illogical since it was after a sore throat i guess. I rather be worried then dead though. Thanks for your help.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here