Forum Name: Other infections

Question: Bump in the Butt Crack

atspears - Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:29 pm

The past three days have been really uncomfortable. On my lower back I have this bump in the crevas of my butt crack that is really, really sensitive. I cannot sit properly, without shifting my weight around. Sleeping....well, not that great. I don't know if this is a ingrown hair gone really bad, hemeriod, or the beginning of a cyst. Please help me out. My doc is out.
Thank you for your time.
 angel2close - Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:52 pm

It sounds as if you are describing the start of a pilonidal cyst. You should check with your doctor for treatment. In the meantime, before you can get in for an appt. , try using some moist heat to the area. This may offer some temporary relief.
 agobeil - Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:29 pm

hey, I just wanted you to know I have one of those too.
What a pain in the butt! (literally)
And it hurts reallllyyyyyyy bad.
I went to the doctor and got a shot of antibiotics, as well as some pain medicine. I haven't gotten it removed, and it's been a year without it getting infected again.
But when it's infected, it really is awful. I wouldn't wish that pain on anyone. I hope you feel better. :(

|