News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Other infections

Question: Bump in the Butt Crack

atspears - Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:29 pm

The past three days have been really uncomfortable. On my lower back I have this bump in the crevas of my butt crack that is really, really sensitive. I cannot sit properly, without shifting my weight around. Sleeping....well, not that great. I don't know if this is a ingrown hair gone really bad, hemeriod, or the beginning of a cyst. Please help me out. My doc is out.
Thank you for your time.
 angel2close - Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:52 pm

It sounds as if you are describing the start of a pilonidal cyst. You should check with your doctor for treatment. In the meantime, before you can get in for an appt. , try using some moist heat to the area. This may offer some temporary relief.
 agobeil - Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:29 pm

hey, I just wanted you to know I have one of those too.
What a pain in the butt! (literally)
And it hurts reallllyyyyyyy bad.
I went to the doctor and got a shot of antibiotics, as well as some pain medicine. I haven't gotten it removed, and it's been a year without it getting infected again.
But when it's infected, it really is awful. I wouldn't wish that pain on anyone. I hope you feel better. :(

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here