"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Forum Name: Other infections

Question: Sore throat for over a year

sorethroat - Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:51 am

I have had a sore throat for a little over a year. It started after a rock concert when I was screaming alot. I smoke so i never let it heal, thats why i think it lasted this long. I finally quit, which i know i should have a long time ago. So it was now been a week of quiting and it doesnt seem to be healing yet. I am guessing it will go away eventually...

I went to the doctor 3 weeks ago to get a throat culture and the results were negative. So im guessing that is a good sign. If i speak loudly it hurts my throat, so im guessing it is my vocal cords that are damaged.

My question is could this be cancerous or would i maybe need my tonsils removed? Any information would be helpful.

Thanks alot
 sorethroat - Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:57 am

my throat does appear to be red, so im hoping it is just irritaion that will go away. Are there any remedies or medication i could take to help it heal?
 sorethroat - Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:01 am

sorry for so many seperate posts, but i keep reading other peoples post and i feel that more information for you would only help...

im 20 years old and have been drinking and smoking a good amount