Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/doctorsl/public_html/infections/forums/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 885: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Doctors Lounge • Lower right abdomen pain

doctorslounge.com

Powered by
Careerbuilder

Home  |  Forums  |  Humor  |  Advertising  |  Contact
   Ask a Doctor

News via RSS

Newsletter

Home

News

Conferences

CME

Forum Archives

Diseases

Symptoms

Labs

Procedures

Drugs

Links

Specialties

Cardiology

Dermatology

Endocrinology

Fertility

Gastroenterology

Gynecology

Hematology

Infections

Nephrology

Neurology

Oncology

Orthopedics

Pediatrics

Pharmacy

Primary Care

Psychiatry

Pulmonology

Rheumatology

Surgery

Urology

Other Sections

Membership

Research Tools

Medical Tutorials

Medical Software

Lower right abdomen pain

Discuss other infectious diseases here.

Moderators: Radiodiagnosis Team, Primary Care Team, Cardiology Team

Forum rules
YOUR POST WILL REQUIRE APPROVAL - READ: Doctors Lounge Forum Rules and Regulations
• Use a precise title for your question otherwise it will NOT be approved.
• Do not post the same question more than once & maintain related posts in original thread.
• Do not use your real name or identifiable information - You can't edit/delete your post.

Lower right abdomen pain

Postby koja20 on Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:53 pm

For the last 3-4 days, I have been experiencing not a severe but rather uncomfortable pain in my lower right abdomen. It doesn't occur much when I'm standing but almost constanty when I'm sitting. It also doesn't see to occur while I'm sleeping or alteast not enough to wake me up or keep me up. I can't say for certain, but I think the pain is close to or near my right kidney. The pain isn't getting worse. It just feels like the same routine everyday. I read about the symptoms of kidney infection. The list I read included fever, chills, pain, upset stomach, low back pain, vomiting, a constant need to urinate or an inability to urinate at all, blood in the urine, and pain or a burning sensation during urination. I have not experienced any of these symptoms but I still don't want to rule out kidney infection just yet.

Some more information includes that the pain I have is not constant. When sitting, the pain will have a very small sting that is sudden and last for less than a second. It will do this about every 10-20 minutes of sitting down. While standing, a strange feeling tells me that problem is still there, but I have no stings while standing except for maybe 1 or 2 times over the 3-4 days I have had this problem.

I will try to give more information as time passes. In the meantime, does anyone have an idea of what may be going on with me?
koja20
Guest

Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:52 pm

Postby Dr. Chan Lowe on Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:59 pm

Are you male or female? This will help limit the diagnostic possibilities significantly.

Thanks.
Advice and opinions given are based on the information provided and must not be considered an official medical recommendation. The limitations of the internet prevent an appropriate evaluation. Always consult your doctor if there is concern.
User avatar
Dr. Chan Lowe
Medical Doctor

Posts: 4069
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:35 pm

Postby koja20 on Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:59 pm

I'm sorry I forgot to add the information requested to the left.

I'm 20 years old
Male
None
None
None related to my problem
None
koja20
Guest

Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:52 pm

Postby koja20 on Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:14 pm

I would also like to add that 2 weeks ago I had a cold. I took Robitussin Cough, Cold and Flu for Night Time relief during this cold at night. I followed the dosage directions on the container and never exceeded the dosage per 24 hour limit nor did I reach it. I have been over the cold about 6 days now.
koja20
Guest

Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:52 pm

Postby koja20 on Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:02 pm

About 6 days now and the lower right abdomen pain is still present although it does seem to have gotten better as as of the last few hours it hasn't been near as bad as it was the past few days. Another thing I noticed is minor stingnig pains similar to my lower right abdomen pains started occuring in my lower left abdomen yesterday. The uncomfortable feeling is in my lower right abdomen but the random stings I also have in my lower right abdomen are the same I feel in my lower left abdomen except there is no uncomfortable feeling in my lower left abdomen. But as of 2-3 hours ago the lower left abdomen stings have stopped.

Right now I still feel the uncomfortable feeling in my lower right abdomen. The random stings that used to occur every 10-20 minutes seem to have stopped or atleast the pain is now not as bad as it was in the past few days. It actually feels as if whatever is wrong with me is healing.

I would like to ask a question about lower back pain that I think may be involved with my abdomen pains. I noticed if I sit down for long periods of time I will have lower back aches when I go to sleep and lay down flat and on my sides. The lower back pain will be intense for a few seconds to sometimes about 1-3 minutes and then it will have the low relief heal and then I will fall asleep. This has been happening for quite some time, months even if not over a year if I remember. The pain was nothing ever serious to me because I knew why it was happening and it never caused me to have any problems during the day or night. But the aching pain in my lower back seems to be lingering a little over the pst few days along with my lower abdomen pain. Could this be the cause of my lower abdomen pains and what should I do or can I do to see if these lower back aches are the cause of my lower abdomen pain?
koja20
Guest

Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:52 pm

Postby Dr. Chan Lowe on Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:50 pm

Thanks for the update. RLQ pain can be a number of things. The one most people think of is appendicitis. It is possible that this is what is going on with you; however, given the time frame it is less likely. Usually (not always) appendicitis begins to produce more and more pain. In some cases the appendix can burst and the infection can be walled off by the body. In these cases, the pain may be minimal or slowly seem to resolve.

Another common reason is a gastrointestinal infection that is causing some inflammation of the colon.

If your abdominal pain does not get significantly better in the next few days or if it gets worse you should see a doctor for an examination and possibly some imaging studies.

I suspect your back pain is unrelated. Your description fits that of some muscle tension that builds up as the day goes along then causes some pain while the muscles are relaxing. The tension often builds because the muscles are compensating for things such as poor posture or uncomfortable chairs, etc.

User avatar
Dr. Chan Lowe
Medical Doctor

Posts: 4069
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:35 pm

Postby koja20 on Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:34 pm

My computer desk chair where I sit down the most actually flattened out several months ago. I placed a couch pillow on it to compensate but since the pillow was also heavily used it completely flattened out within a couple months. I have just recently placed one of my bed pillows in my computer chair which is new and much thicker. I did sit in the flat seat computer chair for a few months before applying extra cushion.

More information with my abdominal pain is that there are some moments that last anywhere between half an hour to an hour where I feel completely normal. The abdominal pains seem to be at their best while sitting. I found walking around my yard helped relieve my lower spinal pain and while walking I didn't feel any of the stings. On the other hand, the abdominal stings do seem to have gotten less and less frequent and less painful over the past 2 days.
koja20
Guest

Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:52 pm

Re: Lower right abdomen pain

Postby beefrope on Mon May 04, 2009 6:56 pm

I am a 28 yr old female that is experiencing lower pain in right abdomen. On 04/23 I was lauging and felt a sharp pain in lower right abdomen associated with a burning and stinging sensation. I had an appendectomy on 04/2000 & an incisional hernia repair in 04/2001 due to the appendectomy. The pain was similar to that of the hernia and I had experienced bowel troubles along with vomiting.
On 4/27 I went to my doctor and was told that I did not have an obvious hernia and that my bowel sounds/movements were very quiet and could not be heard. I was scheduled for a CT scan with and without contrast to lower abdomen and pelvic area. It came back with no sign of hernia, but doctor stated that part of right colon did not show signs of movement and that they thought it was just a pulled muscle or maybe a tear in the mesh or tear at the corner of the mesh and possible adhesions on the colon or from the hernia surgery exactly 8 years prior.
I was scheduled to see the surgeon that performed my hernia repair and he ruled out a hernia, and said that he thought it could be a pulled muscle but not for sure and is scheduling me for a gallbladder ultrasound to check that.
What I more concerned about is the constant nausea and vomitting along with the sharp, burning, stinging pain in one specific area of my lower right abdomen. My bowels were dark in color and had experienced consipation (which I have never had before) and are better now that I am overloading on fiber along with epsom salt & water. I am also unable to bend over because it feels like something in my stomach prevents me from doing so.
Any ideas on what I could be experiencing? Doctors/specialists that I have been to so far have not been able to give me a direct answer and still experiencing pain and vomitting.
beefrope
Guest

Posts: 1
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 6:31 pm
Gender: Female

Gastroenterology ,Gynecology or Oncology?

Postby cynaid on Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:06 pm

Hi ,I have been experiencing some pain in my abdomen on the lower right side.I am not sure if its an appendix pain or from what I have been reading in forums of what it could be,an ovarian cyst.I am 27 years of age and female.I have been experiencing this pain from the age of 19 or so off and on.usually once in 2 months

My mum says that I don't drink enough water but even when I do the pain is the same. the pain usually gets me late at night and hurts for hours at a time then lapses and starts again so much so that I cannot go to sleep.

The pain does subside the next day but Im not sure if antibiotics causes any pain.two days ago I took a 500g zoxil and today a headache tablet adcodol 500g.

I did do some light excercise,but when the pain started,my tummy bloated

I am not sure if my pain is due to irritable bowel syndrome as I do get constipated at times but this time I don't feel constipated.Is my pain linked to Gastroenterology or Gynecology or Oncology
Thank you
cynaid
Guest

Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:14 pm
Gender: Female

Return to Other infections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.
We subscribe to the HONcode principles. Verify here

Privacy Statement | Terms & Conditions | Editorial Board | About us
Copyright 2001-2007 Doctors Lounge. All rights reserved.