News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Nephrology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Nephrology Answers List

Forum Name: Nephrology Symptoms

Question: Worsening Recurring Right Abdominal Pain

Sunshine31A - Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:45 am

I have had recurring lower right abdominal pain, which first originated in March 2005. The first time the pain was a 10 on the pain scale. The original diagnosis was kidney stones. However the pain never completely went away which made the doctors rethink their diagnosis and then amend it by saying that they did not know the cause. Sometimes I can barely feel it and sometimes it is so bad that I can't stand the pain. With in the last week the pain in my lower right abdomen has been getting worse. It also feels a little bit different. It is more sever and the only thing that makes it better is laying in one position and not moving. I am in the military and have been shuttled from one doctor to another and do not have a primary care physician. Is there anything you can recommend?
 Dr. Anthony Solomon - Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:14 pm

If this pain is still unresolved, can you confirm if any imaging procedure was conducted on you? Is the pain associated with any gastrointestinal disturbances, such as nausea, vomiting and loss of appetite?

Dr Anthony Solomon
 Sunshine31A - Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:31 am

Yes, I did have all of those symptoms. After dealing with this for about a year my DR referred me to a surgeon. My new DR ordered quite a few tests and in the end diagnosed me with biliary diskenisia. I underwent a lap chole a week ago and already I feel better.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here