News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Nephrology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Nephrology Answers List

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Nephrology Topics

Question: Passing out HELP!!!!!!!

Kisses0fsunshine - Wed Jul 28, 2004 1:53 am

Hi! My name is melissa and I need some advice or actually a concern about one of my friends. We went to work out yesturday and he worked very very hard and he worked himself to pass out. He passed out on the floor and woke up about a minute later. I was wondering how this happens and he said he was breathing very hard before he passed out. Is it from lac of oxgen? or does he just need to keep a pase he is good at? I thought it could be low blood pressure cause mose cases of passing out is that. I'm very worried that is more about it then he thinks and I hope its nothing bad the will effect his life. please give me some advice, facts, or anything that will calm my nerves down! [u]thanks alot!!!! [/u]

Melissa :cry:
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:23 pm

User avatar Hello Kisses0fsunshine,
On exercising, especially heavily, oxygen demand by the muscles increases. Blood vessels to the muscles dilate allowing for more blood to reach the muscles. Hence blood is diverted away from the brain and other organs to supply the muscles. If that happens too suddenly or too much then oxygen supply to the brain decreases leading to black outs. Please advise your friend to take it easy there is no benefit at all in working out aggressively.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here