Doctors Lounge - Nephrology Answers

Back to Nephrology Answers List

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Nephrology Topics

Question: Kidney Stones

Anonymous - Fri Mar 07, 2003 10:45 pm

I have a history of kidney stones x3. The cause was never determined because the stones were never recovered. They were succesfully passed and were very small. Lately I have been having pain in my left lower quandrant of my back that will occasionally radiate down my leg but the pain comes and goes and I suspect I have a kidney stone again. I havent exhibited any visual blood in my urine and the flow seems sufficient. What are the possibilities that it could be a stone and what can I do to hasten the passing or should I go in for diagnosis and treatment.
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Fri Mar 07, 2003 10:46 pm

User avatar Dear guest,

Thank you very much for using our website.

Causes of kidney stones are mutiple and unless dealt with, there will be a high chance of them recurring once more.

Pain in the back is not always a kidney stone even though you have a history of having kidney stones. Not seeing blood in the urine does not mean that you do not have minute amout of blood that you can not see with your nacked eye.

The best thing to do is to go for diagnosis and treatment as not treating a kidney stone could have a detremental effect on your kidney function.

Once more thank you very much for using our website http://doctorslounge.com and good luck.

|