News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Nephrology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Nephrology Answers List

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Nephrology Topics

Question: Water Symptoms

essentiae - Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:57 pm

Dear Dr. Weil,

I often feel that I’m getting thirstier as I drink water. I don’t know enough to understand why that would be but it has me a little concerned about my kidneys or... I really don’t know. When I drink my mouth feels drier, my throat feels uncomfortable and strangely tighter and drier, my fingertips sometimes prune, and I find the glands in my neck feel sore shortly after. I even feel like my circulation gets poorer (I’m drinking luke warm or hot water). I think it unlikely that I’m over-drinking; in fact I may be dehydrated at this point (nervous about drinking much now in case something is wrong) and have barely been eating in the last 3 weeks due to gastro issues (drinking issue has been longer).

I have asked a Dr about this and was told that it doesn't make sense; yet it is definitely happening and has been for quite some time.

Why would this be?

I hope you can help me understand as I am nervous. The Dr telling me it's not possible makes me feel misunderstood, alone, and confused.

Mary R
(I am a 29 year old female with GI symptoms under investigation and food allergies. I am not on any medication.)
 essentiae - Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:58 pm

Hmm... and as you can see I originally sent this question to Dr. Andrew Weil's website and this was a copy of that question that I had sent in the hopes of getting a response from someone here.

I hope someone can help as I really need to understand this.

Many thanks,
Mary

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here