News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Nephrology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Nephrology Answers List

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Nephrology Topics

Question: I have a problem

KnightWolf - Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:36 pm

Something has happened to me recently that is scaring me.A few days ago {as I was busy recovering from kidney stones},I was sitting around the house watching tv when I suddenly got this sharp pain in my left buttock.A bit later,it went away,but I started feeling a sort of light tingling on the lower portion of my left leg.Eventually,it was joined by a light swelling feeling on te same leg.The next day,I started feeling a little naucious and the pain began to spread.It showed up on either flank,in my arms {more specifically the shoulder,uper arm,and wrist},a little around my shoulder blades/back and chest/abdominal area,as well as the swelling/tingling feeling spreading to the rest of my left leg and on my right leg now as well.It IS a noticeable feeling.Also,I've gotten headaches and a bit light headedness every now and then.My fingers/toes {on occasion} feel like someone is poking them with a needle.Plus,it seems that my arms tingle a bit when I keep them bent for too long.I also feel a little like my skin is tight on me,if you know what I'm talking about.I know I've had arthritic type pain lightly throughout a number of years,but never this bad,for this long,and definitely not all at once like that.Is this a result of the stones {seeing that my lower left leg was hurting when I was going through it,as well as my groin area},or is this something n
ew? I'll probably get a "duh" on this one,but should I be worried? What can I do to stop this thing cold? Please,I need someones help on this one.Thank you in advance on behalf of me and my sanity !!!!!!! :( :cry:
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:26 am

User avatar Hi KnightWolf,

Pain related to kidney stones is referred to the groin and upper thigh as you pointed out. So there is nothing peculiar about that type of pain. I think the more general pain that you are experiencing is probably a result of your arthritis coupled with a decreased tolerance to pain in general. The symptoms are too nonspecific for any diagnosis. If new symptoms should arise or your symptoms don't resolve shortly then you should bring this to medical attention.

Best regards,

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here