Doctors Lounge - Nephrology Answers

Back to Nephrology Answers List

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Nephrology Topics

Question: I have a problem

KnightWolf - Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:36 pm

Something has happened to me recently that is scaring me.A few days ago {as I was busy recovering from kidney stones},I was sitting around the house watching tv when I suddenly got this sharp pain in my left buttock.A bit later,it went away,but I started feeling a sort of light tingling on the lower portion of my left leg.Eventually,it was joined by a light swelling feeling on te same leg.The next day,I started feeling a little naucious and the pain began to spread.It showed up on either flank,in my arms {more specifically the shoulder,uper arm,and wrist},a little around my shoulder blades/back and chest/abdominal area,as well as the swelling/tingling feeling spreading to the rest of my left leg and on my right leg now as well.It IS a noticeable feeling.Also,I've gotten headaches and a bit light headedness every now and then.My fingers/toes {on occasion} feel like someone is poking them with a needle.Plus,it seems that my arms tingle a bit when I keep them bent for too long.I also feel a little like my skin is tight on me,if you know what I'm talking about.I know I've had arthritic type pain lightly throughout a number of years,but never this bad,for this long,and definitely not all at once like that.Is this a result of the stones {seeing that my lower left leg was hurting when I was going through it,as well as my groin area},or is this something n
ew? I'll probably get a "duh" on this one,but should I be worried? What can I do to stop this thing cold? Please,I need someones help on this one.Thank you in advance on behalf of me and my sanity !!!!!!! :( :cry:
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:26 am

User avatar Hi KnightWolf,

Pain related to kidney stones is referred to the groin and upper thigh as you pointed out. So there is nothing peculiar about that type of pain. I think the more general pain that you are experiencing is probably a result of your arthritis coupled with a decreased tolerance to pain in general. The symptoms are too nonspecific for any diagnosis. If new symptoms should arise or your symptoms don't resolve shortly then you should bring this to medical attention.

|