Doctors Lounge - Nephrology Answers

Back to Nephrology Answers List

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Nephrology Topics

Question: In Pain, P lease Help

cmb05 - Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:19 am

I had my first uti in 2001 i had a few more right after i got over the first one. I have experienced pain in the lower pelvic region of my body since the first uti. I have been to a urologist and under his care i had a urethra stetching and bladder biopsy done. He told me that i did not have interstitial cystitis. This was around 2002 or so. I have had one episode of wetting the bad a couple of years back. Mostly i am in alot of pain, it feels like my bladder hurts. when i go back to the doctor they test my urine, and fro the past three years they have told me that there is a little blood and mucous in my urine. also i heard the doctor say once that the specific gravity wasn't normal. I am tired of struggling with this. i have the constant need to urinate, it is hard and embarrassing to have to get up in the middle of class 3 times in one hour. also if i do not go within 10 minutes of the initial urge i start to feel like i will pass out if i do not go right that instant, this usually occurs when my last void was 20 to 15 minutes before. i also was recently told by my doc that i have irritable bowel with constipation. please help me , i feel stupid when i go to the doctor. i am in pain.
thank you, charlotte bunyar
 Dr. A. Saif - Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:39 am

User avatar HI CMB,

Sounds like you are having a tough time. The symptoms suggest bladder irritability, and there a number of reasons for having this.

Can you tell me if you are may or female?
Did the Urethral stretch help at all?
Do you pass any blood?
Is there any relationship with your bowel function? or menstruation (if you are female that is...) ?
Have you had any other relevant conditions (like GU disease, radiotherapy, renal colic or bladder calculi)

Have you tried things that acidify urine like Potassium citrate?
Have you tried things like Cranberry juice?

Let me know, but please don't be embarrassed about consulting your doctor when you are in distress, that's we are here for...

Regards

Saif

|