News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Nephrology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Nephrology Answers List

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Nephrology Topics

Question: Drug Testing and creatinine

alpha19111 - Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:58 am

Hello,

I work as an Alcohol and Drug counselor. When we send urine samples to the lab to get TLC tested, the results come back showing the drug that was positive or negative and also showing creatinine levels in mg/dL.

My question is what are the standards for the levels of creatinine?
I have searched all over online to find a chart for normal UA levels versus diluted.

Thank you,
Mike
 John Kenyon, CNA - Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:25 pm

User avatar Hello -

According to the lab values reference guide I have here with me, normal serum creatinine range for men (as well as both genders with marked muscular development) is 0.5-1.5 mg/dL. The normal range for women is 0.6-1.2 mg/dL

I hope this is helpful to you.
 ToxPro - Thu May 28, 2009 5:02 pm

Original post is about urine creatinine, not serum creatinine - you are comparing apples and oranges.

Typical urine creatinine falls within a 40-250 mg/dL range, with a mean around 100 mg/dL.

A urine specimen is deemed diluted if the urine creatinine falls between 5-20 mg/dL and the urine specific gravity is between 1.0010 and 1.0030

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here