News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Nephrology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Nephrology Answers List

Forum Name: Nephrology Symptoms

Question: need opinion

dcmarie - Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:29 pm

went to the doctor mid november doctor diagnosed me with uti, i was given levaquin for 7 days. went back to the doctor 2 weeks later for repeat urine analysis. blood still in the urine now i'm given bactrim. before all of this happened i went for a pelvic and abdominal ct because of pelvic pressure, everything came back fine except for a couple of cyst on the kidney. doctor dosen't think it's anything to worry about, but i am nervous because my father had a kidney tumor. anyway now the urologist is sending me for a ct scan with contrast. and they want to do a cystoscopy in the bladder. meanwhile i'm experiencing very dull back pain between my shoulder blades. what could all this mean? do you think the blood in the urine has to do with cystitis or the kidney cyst. thanks.
dcmarie
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:17 am

User avatar Hello,
The blood in your urine is more likely to be caused by cystitis. What they are going to be doing is to make sure using the cystoscopy is that they are going to search for a cause in your bladder. A CT scan can easily tell if there is a tumor in the kidneys. However, renal cysts are common and are probably nothing to worry about.
Best regards,

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here