Doctors Lounge - Nephrology Answers

Back to Nephrology Answers List

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Nephrology Topics

Question: Foam in urine. Kidney problem?

idarmadi - Tue May 06, 2003 9:07 pm

I'm a 33 yo male. Recently I notice that when I urinate, the urine will foam (in the toilet bowl). Is this a symptom of a kidney problem?
If it is a kidney problem, what are the common cause of this problem?

Please advice,

regards,

idarmadi
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Wed May 07, 2003 12:50 am

User avatar It could be due a manifestation of proteins in urine especially albumen. Normally proteins are not found in urine and their presence could be due to many factors which could be a manifestation of a kidney disease. Before we jump to any conclusions have a simple urine analysis done immediately and then post the results here.