Doctors Lounge - Nephrology Answers

Back to Nephrology Answers List

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Nephrology Topics

Question: drug urine test coming back as diluted don't understand

atwobi4 - Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:16 pm

I've been giving urines for 3 years for fed probation,I transfered back to Va.where they send them to the lab.I've done 2 in 3 weeks and they say they are coming back diluted,they watch me pee in the cup,they say I,m dring too much water but I'm not drinking any more than I ever did when I leave a sample.I did them 18 months here in the begining of my probation and they never came back as diluted,I don't drink sodas and alot of junk so would my drinking water do this?
 Dan Abshear - Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:34 pm

If diluted you mean it appears clearer than normal, this is likely nothing to be concerned about, as it may just mean that you are well hydrated. If you are concerned, you may want to get a test on that urine to see if the test shows any abnormalities.