News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   
 

 Headlines:

 
 

Doctors Lounge - Nephrology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Nephrology Answers List

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Nephrology Topics

Question: non-bacterial burning with urination?


 Anonymous - Mon May 19, 2003 12:20 am

Hello, i am a 24 yo male who has had mild burning with urination off and on for a year. i have a mild burning sensation in the distal 1-1.5 inches of my penis only during urination about 80% of the time, the other 20% there is no pain. I am circumsized, and am not sexually active, nor have i been in the past. i've been on antibiotics such as cipro for other infections during the time i have had these symptoms and they have not resolved. i was wondering if i could possibly have some sort of inflamation of the glands of littre due to a viral or fungal cause # however there is no redness, discharge, edema, etc... around the meatus or glans. everything looks normal. i also have a spermatocole, but i can't imagine that it has anything to do with the burning. back in high school i had similar symptoms and visited the urologist. he checked for a stricture (and i assume found nothing)and told me that if it didn't get worse i probably shouldn't worry about it. now that it (or something similar) is happening again i was wondering if you had any idea of what it could be or any suggestions. thanks for your time and expertise.
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Mon May 19, 2003 1:50 pm

User avatar Dear Jamison,

i think the best way to make sure that you do not have an infection is to do a urinalysis.

This burning could be secondary to concentrated urine. Meaning that you are not drinking enough fluid. You can try to drink enough fluids like at least 1.5-2 liters of fluids a day and see how this affects this sensation.

Thank you very much for using our website http://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.

Yasser Mokhtar, M.D.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

 

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)
 

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

 
     

 advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

 

 

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

 
Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here