News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Nephrology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Nephrology Answers List

Forum Name: Nephrology Symptoms

Question: Blood, Crystals & "Kidney cells"

BrainKing - Wed May 27, 2009 6:38 pm

Hi. I am 23 year old male. I eat healthy, hardly any meat. I feel healthy. However from time to time i have pains near my right side (i will clutch my kidney area.) The pain isnt as bad as i have hard a kidney stone is though. The pain will happen at random, although more often after walks. A CT Scan showed 2 kidney stones on right side (2months ago). Urine tests done 1month ago and last week showed blood, crystals and "cells from the kidney." I have to see a nephrologists, but what should i know before that. What should i expect?

Thank you,
BrainKing
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:59 am

User avatar Hi,
The pain in your right loin could have been caused by the renal stones.As far as the urinalysis report is concerned i would like to give you the following info...

Epithelial cells found during urine microscopy are generally of little diagnostic importance. Cells lining the urinary tract may slough into the urine.

Renal tubular epithelial cells,normally slough into the urine in small numbers. About 0-1 cells/five high power fields is considered normal. An increase in this number is sometimes seen in nephrotic syndrome.

I do not think you should be excessively worried about the "kidney cells" in your urine.
Good luck!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here