Doctors Lounge - Nephrology Answers

Back to Nephrology Answers List

Forum Name: Renal Failure

Question: slowed kidney function

angelforever34 - Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:36 pm

Could I find out what it means when dye will not pass through your kidney? I had a test done to evaluate my kidney's and was told they was slow and especially the one the dye wouldn't go through. But I don't quite understand what that means. Have I lost my kidney function in one of my kidney's? Or is it just not functioning as well as it should?
 angelforever34 - Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:36 am

I had an IVP & was told I had a partial obstruction to my bladder. My bladder, uterus & cervix was prolapsed and messing up my bladder function. Surgery fixed the extreme frequency but I still have alot of pressure & pain from my bladder and left flank pain. Sometimes it shoots really sharp pain up the left side of my back. Hurts pretty badly. I figure it's just a spasmic or pressure problem as to where my bladder is diseased. All the medications I've tried are really ineffective. And all the tests I had done failed to show the problem with the flank pain. It's hopeless but thanks for the advice.

|