News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Nephrology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Nephrology Answers List

Forum Name: Renal Failure

Question: slowed kidney function

angelforever34 - Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:36 pm

Could I find out what it means when dye will not pass through your kidney? I had a test done to evaluate my kidney's and was told they was slow and especially the one the dye wouldn't go through. But I don't quite understand what that means. Have I lost my kidney function in one of my kidney's? Or is it just not functioning as well as it should?
 angelforever34 - Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:36 am

I had an IVP & was told I had a partial obstruction to my bladder. My bladder, uterus & cervix was prolapsed and messing up my bladder function. Surgery fixed the extreme frequency but I still have alot of pressure & pain from my bladder and left flank pain. Sometimes it shoots really sharp pain up the left side of my back. Hurts pretty badly. I figure it's just a spasmic or pressure problem as to where my bladder is diseased. All the medications I've tried are really ineffective. And all the tests I had done failed to show the problem with the flank pain. It's hopeless but thanks for the advice.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here