News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Nephrology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Nephrology Answers List

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Nephrology Topics

Question: Why is my urine never yellow anymore?

turtlesti - Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:55 pm

Hi,

I have been experiencing a weird attack on my body for about 6 months now. It seems to be nervous system related, as I get much tingling, burning, numbness, etc all over the place...among other problems like fatigue, eye troubles, frequent urinating...and even more. Anyways, 3 MRI's have shown nothing, I seem to be otherwise fine. I am sorta feeling better I guess, it seems to be terribly slow progress. Anyways, my urine has been all over the place the whole time but most recently, last 2 months, it has been hardly yellow at all, if not at all. Any thoughts on what could be going on to cause this? Am I not properly flushing something like waste from my blood? As for my liquid consumption, maybe slightly more than when I was healthy 7 months ago, can't see how that would be it. My frequency isn't as bad as it used to be at the beginning, maybe 3-4 times a day now. Thanks for your help.

Matt
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:02 am

User avatar Hi turtlesti,
Exactly what color is your urine?
Sincerely,
Rntdj
 turtlesti - Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:02 am

Clear like water, thanks again.

Matt
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:16 am

User avatar Hi Matt,
Highly diluted urine may have numerous causes. Has you liquid/fluid consumption increased significantly? Large amounts of fluid will make the urine very pale in color. You mentioned that you have had MRI's. My apologies for not asking this previously but of what part of the body was this perfomed?
Sincerely,
Rntdj
 turtlesti - Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:46 am

My water consumption is hardly more than when I was healthy 7 months ago. Although my urine frequency, the amount of urine for an entire day is only, I would guess, a bit more than when I was healthy. MRI, 2 spine(one with contrast), 1 Brain. Thanks

Matt

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here