News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Nephrology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Nephrology Answers List

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Nephrology Topics

Question: Back/Flank Pain, Nausea, Loss of Appetite

Nykara - Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:29 pm

For the past three months now I've been feeling generally ill. I've been having off and on vomiting, nausea, loss of appetite, dizziness, shakiness, off and on low grade fevers, a constant headache, its there just about daiily, extreme fatigue and really sharp stabbing pains in my lower back and flank region.

I've been the see the Urologist given my previous history of bi-lateral uretheral reflux which was operated on 5 years ago. He's sent me to have a VCUG done to see if the reflux may have returned; it appears from the X-rays to have not. Three months ago at the start of this, a CT Scan was done, which came up negative. Urine tests these past couple of months have shown white blood cells, red blood cells and protein but the cultures have come up negative. Recently, I was on Cipro for 20 days, went back to the Urologist two weeks after the last dosage and the urinalysis came out clean. So now, the Urologist is at a loss. I am at a loss. If it were just the pain I'd believe it to be the scarring on my right kidney (nuclear medicine scan 5 years ago showed scarring on the right kidney), but the other symptoms that come along with it won't go away. I'm tired and frustrated.

Any suggestions on where I should turn next?
 Teesh00 - Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:20 am

Hey there. I was doing a search on symptoms I've been having & your post came up & caught my eye because I have almost identical symptoms! Mine started out with just the back pain on my right side and now I am constantly nauseous, have been randomly vomiting, have absolutely no appetite & have to force myself to eat and have been extremely tired no matter what I do. I need to go get all of the usual tests done but have been avoiding it thus far due to my horrible luck with doctors in the past. It's pretty discouraging how much they never help any of my problems or even know what is wrong. So I was just wondering if you have had any luck with your pain or symptoms or if you've atleast figured out what is causing them. Any helpful information you could give me would be greatly appreciated!! This is all really getting to me!! Thanks.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here