Doctors Lounge - Nephrology Answers

Back to Nephrology Answers List

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Nephrology Topics

Question: HELP ME!!!

Marina Falkner - Fri Nov 14, 2003 4:02 pm

I've been sexually active for 3 years but havn't had sex since june. Recently i have been having sex with my partner and today i woke up and im peeing out blood!!!
I'm panicing, i cant get in to see my doctor untill Febuary so i need to know the extreamities and what should i do?!

Anything will help!!

Thanks!
 Dr. A. Rajput - Fri Nov 14, 2003 9:12 pm

User avatar
Well marina...by peeing out blood i assume you mean blood in urine as opposed to blood from the vagina....
anyway we will consider the causes in both cases...

If its blood in urine..then the cause must be in urinary tract....that means anywhere either in :
kidney
ureters
urinary bladder
or
urethra

some drugs might also cause hematuria...

though sex as such is not directly related to hematuria , urinary tract infection during sex because of unprotected intercourse can cause it.

You should tell how long you have been suffering from this...is it for the first time? have you had it in the past too.....blood is at the beginning of urination or at the end of urination or is it uniformly mixed in urine.....are there any other compliants like fever,flank pain, oedema etc....

Actually don't get bothered by all this..all this might sound complicated..that was just to give u some idea what it could be.....all you have to do is get the checkup done for genitourinary system.....it includes clinical examination, blood examination, urine examination, KUB, USG....that should give a cause. you said you'll be seeing your doctor in February...but if you could do it earlier, that would just be better!

Now if the blood is not in urine and its just through the vagina..then the cause might entirely be different...it could be related to the reproductive system..that is :
uterus , cervix ,vagina
in that case a gynaecological checkup is recomemded...

take care

a_medico

|