Doctors Lounge - Nephrology Answers

Back to Nephrology Answers List

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Nephrology Topics

Question: enlarged lymph nodes?

sunfire - Thu Nov 27, 2003 2:42 pm

I am 47 year old male who has had a history of renal stones. I had a 2cm(very large) stone removed in march 2000 that was accidently found by Cat scan that was done because of chronic hematuria.I have never had severe pain but have had chronic mild lower back discomfort just a nagging pain,I have never taken anything for this discomfort but it always seems to be present.
I still have hematuria 2 years later and recently had another ct scan.My docter told me that I now have a 2mm stone in my kidney.The other thing that my docter told me was that my lymph nodes around my kidney were enlarged.
I was concerned about lymph nodes but he told me it was nothing to worry about.He instead told me that I should have Ct scans every 3 months now to note the progression of my stone.
Since the stone is only 2mm I really doubt that he cares about the stone,I am concerned that with my history of hematuria,low back pain perhaps I have something else.He passed it off stating that I probably was scratched by a cat and it enlarged my lymph nodes.I have not been scratched by a cat..should I request a biopsy? I am in a quandy because I don't think I have a true picture of what my docter could be looking for and he really won't say.Any ideas?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:05 am

User avatar Sunfire,
How large did the CAT scan say those lymph nodes were and did it specify a number. Are they all situated around the kidneys. Please if you could state exactly what the CAT scan report has to say about the lymph nodes.
Regards.

|