- Rapidly reversible physiologic dysfunction associated with hyperglycemia
- Symmetric polyneuropathy
- Sensorimotor neuropathy
- "Small-fiber" neuropathy, with autonomic dysfunction, reduced pain sensibility, spontaneous burning pain
Diabetic mononeuropathies and plexopathies
- Diabetic third nerve palsy
- Diabetic fourth nerve palsy
- Diabetic truncal neuropathy
- Diabetic lumbosacral plexopathy
Electrodiagnostic studies (usually unnecessary) document neuropathy, and spinal fluid protein is frequently moderately elevated.
Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?
Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community
Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.
Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.